A backlit St Mary’s church in Astbury in Cheshire, taken on a frigid Boxing Day excursion.
This Anglican church is in Early English/gothic style and dates to around 15th Century and earlier. The current structure almost entirely replaced a Norman church, which itself replaced a Saxon church built at the time of the Domesday book. The church is unusual as the spire (mid-14th Century) is not directly attached to the nave. It was restored in 1862 by Sir George Gilbert.