The Guildhall in Chichester, Sussex.
The Guildhall is situated in Priory Park (in the north-east quadrant of the city), next to the ruins of a Norman motte (only the earthworks remain) and close to the Medieval walls, which are built on Roman foundations. It is the only surviving part of a Franciscan friary completed circa 1282. It was dissolved in 1538 (as part of the campaign by Henry VIII) and became the city’s Guildhall in 1541.
In later years it became a law court and the poet and artist William Blake was famously tried there in 1804 for sedition (the case was eventually dismissed). It is now used as museum as well as a venue for exhibitions and other events.